If you are experiencing issues with updating software or firmware or having issues with your computer detecting your device, please try some of the troubleshooting steps below.
1. Ensure the USB cable is connected to your device securely and connected directly to a USB port on your computer or laptop. Do not connect via a USB hub.
2. Ensure the Device is turned on and displaying the connection screen. You may be prompted with options upon initial connection, please select "Connect to PC". If you do not get the USB connection screen, please try with another USB cable.
3. Open up My Computer or Computer (depending on your Operating System), do you see the Magellan drive listed?
If not, please try connecting the USB cable to another USB port on your computer or laptop.
Avoid using USB hubs and connect straight to the computer or laptop.
If it is listed there, ensure any anti virus and firewall are turned off as it may prevent third party devices from being detected on your computer or laptop.
3a. if you get an error "Update Failed. Please ensure that your Cyclo 505 is still connected to your computer. If this problem persists, contact Magellan Support."
Follow the instructions here. to delete the temp downloaded files and try downloading the update again.
4. Ensure you select "SYS Upgrade" in Settings menu
5. Ensure you have an active internet connection.
6. Ensure you are running a compatible Windows or Mac operating system.
For Windows - 2000, XP 32 bit with SP2 or higher, Vista, 7 32 & 64 bit, 8 32 & 64 bit.
For Mac - OS X or higher
7. Ensure you are running a compatible web browser - Internet Explorer 9 or below (Windows) or Safari 10.8 or below (Mac).
8. Ensure you have the latest CycloAgent software installed.
If none of these trouble shooting steps help solve your problem, please contact our Customer Support team on the available methods here.
If the above answer did not give you the answer you were looking for, or you need further information please complete the box below and we will answer your question personally.